Potato, Bacon & Chive Frittata
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
Difficulty: Easy Yields: 4-6 servings
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 to 8 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, small diced
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, small diced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 10 extra-large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a non-stick, ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Next, add bacon to the skillet and cook 4-5 minutes until bacon renders the fat. Once the fat has been rendered, remove bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate or bowl. Next, add the onion, potatoes and garlic to the skillet and cook until the potatoes begin to soften (about 5-7 minutes). In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt pepper and chives. Once potatoes are softened, add bacon back to the skillet. Next, add egg mixture to the skillet and place in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through.
Top with cheddar cheese and remaining chives. Serve immediately in slices like a pie. Enjoy!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin