Restaurant Review: Shea's Express

Recently, my co-worker and I visited Shea's Express for lunch. Shea's Express is apart of the larger CynShea's Catering company offering delicious sandwiches, soups, salads and much more. Shea's Express is opened for breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday and is opened on Saturday offering brunch items like Salmon Benedict and fresh Blueberry Pancakes. Dishes range from about the $5-$12 range.

When entering the restaurant recently, there were a number of people already in line to place their orders. This process moved very slowly as there are only two cash registers to place orders. Although I was somewhat agitated about the slow process, the young lady taking our order was very nice and courteous.

My co-worker and I both ordered the Rotisserie Chicken Panini. This sandwich was made with rotisserie chicken, roasted mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, fontina, and basil aioli. The sandwich is served with Shea's homemade mixed chips and a pickle. We both agreed that the sandwich was good, but needed something extra to wake up the flavors. My co-worker suggested that they could add maybe some banana peppers and I thought maybe a pepper jack cheese would work well with this sandwich. There was a bottle of Sriracha (Thai hot sauce) on the table and I dipped my sandwich and it instantly tasted better.

 
OVERALL REVIEW: Overall, I would give Shea's Express an A- and I will certainly be returning. The only things that I could detract from my visit was the long line to order (it was lunch hour). Overall, the food was good, the service was nice and the Mint Julep Tea was AWESOME! This restaurant also offers vegetarian and gluten-free menu items. Also, I really liked the décor (Christian crosses, Bible verses, couches and a fireplace) in the restaurant. Shea's also has outdoor seating and even has a room that groups can reserve for events.
 
You may contact Shea's Express at the following information:
Shea's Express     
415 Church Street, Suite 5        
Huntsville, Alabama 35801
(256) 532-5282
 
Shea's Express on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts