Restaurant Review: Pane e Vino Pizzeria

One of the things that I want to do with the "A Man About Food" blog is to feature local restaurants here in the Huntsville, Alabama area and wherever I travel. These local restaurants often times become a party of our social routines where we meet friends on the weekend, colleagues after work and family on Sundays after church. The first restaurant that I would like to review is Pane e Vino Pizzeria in downtown Huntsville. I visited this restaurant recently for lunch with my mother.



There are a couple of very cool things that I really like about Pane e Vino. First, this restaurant is located below the Huntsville Museum of Art. Secondly, it is located at the picturesque Big Spring International Park in downtown Huntsville where you can take in the beautiful Japanese Cherry blossom trees and feed the thousands of coi fish and the dozens of ducks.
 
The atmosphere of the restaurant was very nice for a busy lunch period. The restaurant and its patio seating was very cleaned and my server was really attentive. Pane e Vino, as its name might suggest, offers Italian/Mediterranean cuisine ranging from pizzas, calzones, pasta and paninis. They also offer various wines and beer, as well as antipasti and dessert.
 
I ordered the Greek salad with a mix of spinach and romaine hearts with cucumber, tomato, black olives, artichoke hearts, red onion, feta cheese and a herb vinaigrette. My salad was $10.00 once I added grilled chicken to my salad for an additional $2.00.

My mother ordered the Salvador Dali pizza which is a pie with mozzarella, pepperoni, sausage, meatball, bacon and salami. This pizza cost $13.00 and all of their pizzas are $12-13. You will love this pizza if you love meat!
OVERALL REVIEW: I would give Pane e Vino a thumbs up. You will be hard pressed to find a more picturesque setting for a restaurant in the Huntsville area. While I would like their prices to be a little cheaper, the food that you get are large portions and very delicious. Pane e Vino also delivers to the 35801 zip code (downtown Huntsville) and offers gluten free options.

You may contact Pane e Vino at the following information:
Pane e Vino Pizzeria
300 Church Street
Huntsville, Alabama 35801
(256) 533-1180
 

Pane e Vino Pizzeria on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts